Hands-on attitude is what sets us apart
Port agency services
The port agencies operations are part of the Ahlers DNA. In fact, back in 1909, starting up an agency was the sole reason the Ahlers family came to the port of Antwerp. And although nowadays we have grown into an all-round international logistics and maritime service provider, port agencies are still a major part of our business.
We offer agency services to our regular liner services, as well as to numerous vessels from first class owners, charterers and brokers calling the port of Antwerp on their tramp voyages.
As a former ship-owner we understand the importance of a fast and smooth turnaround, especially in today’s fierce competitive environment.
We act as our principal’s eyes and ears and make sure planned arrival and departure times for the vessels in our care are respected.
What we offer:
- A 24/7 attendance for your vessels 365 days a year;
- Immediate response to (pro-forma) disbursement requests;
- Competitive agency fees;
- A dedicated, motivated and knowledgeable staff;
- Excellent and long lasting relationships with reputable owners, terminals, customs, towage companies and port authorities;
- A service certified by various institutions for vessel crewing and ownership;
- Supply of spare parts, (bonded) stores and others;
- Crew changes, travel arrangements, visa applications, letters of invitation, hotel bookings and others.
But our most important asset is our hands-on attitude. We know the business through and through, we know the speed that is required and act immediately when problems occur.
Please contact us if you have any requests on handling your vessel(s) on your next port call to the Port of Antwerp.